International Mountain Trekking
Packed with essential information and techniques, 'International Mountain Trekking
' is split into sections including:
- Expedition planning, including travel, accommodation and in country support
- Mountain environments around the world
- Staying healthy, managing problems and dealing with altitude
- Navigation and weather
- Dealing with hazards such as rivers, rocky ground and snow
- Additional sections on GPS, snowshoeing, equipment lists, rope work, altitude sickness, water purification etc.
'International Mountain Trekking
' is a reference tool for every trekker, from novice to expert, as well as containing specific ideas for anyone wanting to help teach, lead or instruct others. It is the official handbook for the International Mountain Leader scheme and is endorsed by the British Mountaineering Council, Mountaineering Council of Scotland, Mountaineering Ireland and the British Association of International Mountain Leaders. Its functional design with easy reference colour coded pages, striking illustrations that complement the text and inspiring photographs make this book an indispensable guide.
It is the fifth in a series of manuals and has been written and compiled by staff and colleagues from the National Mountain Sports Centre, Plas y Brenin, all of whom trek and climb around the world and are key providers of the International Mountain Leader programme. The book further benefits from close collaboration with staff at Mountain Training, Glenmore Lodge and the British Association of International Mountain Leaders.