We are a CharityRegistered Charity Number:
To create a sustainable operating environment the Association is split into a Charity and a Limited Company. The charitable nature of the association is achieved through the following charitable aim for the public benefit:
- The advancement of mountaineering education (including training);
- The promotion of good health and well being and the saving of lives; and
- The promotion of equality and diversity.
In furthering these charitable purposes the Trustees undertakes to:
- Register only suitably qualified people as Mountaineering Instructors;
- Advance the public’s education in using the mountain environment safely, promote good health and well being and promote personal development (by promoting capacity building and skills);
- Promote good practice in mountaineering instruction for the benefit of the wider public so that they may use the mountain environment safely;
- Maintain an involvement in developing training and assessment of the Mountaineering Instructor Award (M.I.A.) and the Mountaineering Instructor Certificate (M.I.C.) awards to ensure confidence in the awards amongst the wider public;
- Promote equal opportunities and the elimination of discrimination by members when undertaking instructional courses; and
- Monitor professional standards and effectively deal with members whose fitness to instruct has been shown to be seriously deficient.”
The maintenance of the Association’s charitable status is maintained by three trustees who are represented on the executive committee.
For AMI members undertaking Charitable undertakings please complete the following form and then press the blue box at the bottom of the form and this will be emailed directly to the AMI Charity Representative Rod Pashley.
AMI Charity undertaking report form